In addition to the amazing opportunities being a member of the Alpine Club of Canada gives you, did you know about the discounts you get!?! Just in case you don’t then here’s the detail:
Calgary Section Discounts:
– MEC: Two shopping nights per year, spring and fall, where we get 10% off on all in-store, regular priced merchandise. The 10% discount now also applies to bikes and boats!
– Spirit West: 10% off all in-store, regular priced merchandise, 10% on all repairs, and 15% on custom work.
– Campers Village: 10% on all in-store, regular priced merchandise
– Crux Climbing: $10.00 entry on Mondays
– Stronghold, Calgary Climbing Centre and the Hangar: For Wednesday evening climbing, we get 10% off 10 passes that we can share among members.
National Membership Discounts:
– Member rates: On all huts, courses, trips, books, and merchandise. Plus, you can book huts up to one year in advance.
– Hostelling International: HI Member Rate (10% discount) at Lake Louise Alpine Centre. HI Member Rate at all HI-Wilderness Hostels. 5% off food and non-alcoholic drinks at Bill Peyto’s Restaurant (HI-Lake Louise Alpine Centre).
– Yamnuska School of Mountaineering: 5% off on all courses
– Rocky Mountain Medicine: 10% off on all courses
– Kumphy Shoes, Canmore: 10% off on all products (not services)
– 93 North Skis, Canmore: 10% off on all products