Updated on Oct 15, 2020
WE ARE ACTIVE. Courses, trips and huts are all currently available for participants and leaders to post and sign up. Please take care to protect yourself and others from COVID-19. Your diligence will help keep the parks, hut, trips and courses open and available. The ACC is following the provincial health guidelines which can be found here: https://www.alberta.ca/
- – You will be asked to complete a health questionnaire as part of the waiver at the start of the trip:
- – Please don’t attend an event if you are sick, even if its not COVID 19
- – Please don’t attend an event if you have been exposed to COVID 19, or traveled outside of Canada in the last 14 days
- – Single day trips:
- Please practice social distancing
- Masks are recommended when you are within 2m of participants not in your cohort
- Please use hand sanitizer as appropriate
- – Multi day trips:
- The trip pariticipants are considered a cohort
- Specific safety measures are the discretion of the trip coordinator
- Contact the trip coordinator of the specific trip for more details
Additional information can be found below.
The ACC, Calgary Section have been running its activities differently due to COVID-19. All events and courses that are running are subject to new protocols.
The Calgary Section will ensure
- All ACC owned gear is isolated for 3 days prior to the event and disinfected wherever possible. Participants are encouraged to use their own gear.
- Guide ratios are appropriate to allow for monitoring of social distancing and personal protective practices.
- Guides are trained on how to deliver the courses in such a way as to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
- Guides/Trip Leaders promote personal hygiene practices during the course/event, including: coughing and sneezing etiquette, hand hygiene (no shaking hands/high-fives), cleaning and disinfecting practices.
- There is a first-aid supplement kit comprising of:
- 1 face shield
- Small packages of gloves s,m,l,xl
- A few sealed disposable face masks
- Alcohol wipes
- Pocket respirator mask
- Guide/Trip Leaders will be following single and multi-day event guidelines.
- All participants adhere to the following COVID requirements.
Participant requirements prior to courses/events
- Participants must pass a health and exposure screening before the start of the event.
- Participants must not have traveled internationally in the 14 days prior to the start of an event.
- Participants exhibiting cold or flu symptoms, or who have been exposed to others with cold or flu symptoms will not be permitted to attend the event.
- All participants have to sign the new waiver and declaration of health.
- All participants’ personal gear that may be used by other participants must be isolated for 3 days before the commencement of the course.
Participant requirements during courses/events
- All participants are required to have their own mask.
- All participants are highly recommended to bring full-finger gloves for belaying and hand sanitizer.
- Everyone must practice physical distancing of 2 meters for the duration of the event. The only exception will be those living in the same household and those in a close friends’ group.
- Masks wearing is highly recommended when it’s difficult to maintain physical distancing of 2 meters at all times.
- Carpooling are strongly discouraged unless participants are from the same household or those in a close friends’ group.
- No food or drink can be shared, with exception given to those living in the same household or in a close friends’ group.
- Should a paid for course/event be cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you will receive a refund if no costs have already been incurred or, you will be given a spot on a future program. The ACC remains committed to providing a safe environment for its members and thanks participants for their understanding.