Updated on June 18, 2020
The ACC, Calgary Section will be running its activities differently during the summer of 2020 due to COVID-19. All events and courses that are running will be subject to new protocols.
The Calgary Section will ensure
- All ACC owned gear is isolated for 3 days prior to the event and disinfected wherever possible. Participants are encouraged to use their own gear.
- Guide ratios are appropriate to allow for monitoring of social distancing and personal protective practices.
- Guides are trained on how to deliver the courses in such a way as to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
- Guides/Trip Leaders promote personal hygiene practices during the course/event, including: coughing and sneezing etiquette, hand hygiene (no shaking hands/high-fives), cleaning and disinfecting practices.
- There is a first-aid supplement kit comprising of:
- 1 face shield
- Small packages of gloves s,m,l,xl
- A few sealed disposable face masks
- Alcohol wipes
- Pocket respirator mask
- Guide/Trip Leaders will be following single and multi-day event guidelines.
- All participants adhere to the following COVID requirements.
Participant requirements prior to courses/events
- Participants must pass a health and exposure screening before the start of the event.
- Participants must not have traveled internationally in the 14 days prior to the start of an event.
- Participants exhibiting cold or flu symptoms, or who have been exposed to others with cold or flu symptoms will not be permitted to attend the event.
- All participants have to sign the new waiver and declaration of health.
- All participants’ personal gear that may be used by other participants must be isolated for 3 days before the commencement of the course.
Participant requirements during courses
- All participants are required to have their own mask, full-finger gloves for belaying and hand sanitizer.
- Everyone will be required to practice physical distancing of 2 meters for the duration of the event. The only exception will be those living in the same household and those in a close friends’ group.
- Masks must be worn if a situation arises whenever the 2-meter distancing is not possible.
- Carpooling will not be allowed unless participants are from the same household or those in a close friends’ group.
- No food or drink can be shared.
- Should a paid for course/event be cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you will receive a refund if no costs have already been incurred or, you will be given a spot on a future program. The ACC remains committed to providing a safe environment for its members and thanks participants for their understanding.