The section library maintains a collection of mountaineering literature for the benefit of section members. Currently, the collection contains over 700 items as of November 2012 and more are added on a regular basis. The titles cover everything from guidebooks, technical instruction, biography, coffee table picture books to mountaineering fiction.
To Borrow a Book
See our library online at flexlists.com. Books can be sorted by title, author, year, and status, and can be searched by keywords. If you find a book you would like to sign out, please contact our librarian, Mark Carlson at email@example.com . Books will be available for pick-up at the next section meeting or at the Carlson’s residence in Taradale.
A sample of books in the collection:
- Annapurna, Maurice Herzog, 1950
- The Last Blue Mountain, Ralph Barker, 1959
- Summits and Secrets, Kurt Diemberger, 1970
- Everest: Southwest Face, Chris Bonnington, 1973
- Climbing Ice, Yvon Chouinard, 1978
- Annapurna: A Woman’s Place, Arlene Blum, 1980
- The Savage Arena, Joe Tasker, 1982
- The Guiding Spirit, A.J.Kaufman, 1986
- Touching the Void, Joe Simpson, 1988
- Bow Valley Rock, Chris Perry et al, 1988
- In High Places, Dougal Haston, 1997