Many Trip Leaders wait until the weather forecast and avalanche conditions are known to finalize trip details, which is 5 days before the event at best. This is tough on social planning, but is prudent for mountain trips where weather is a matter of safety. That is first assuming that there is room on the trip for everyone that would like to join in. If you are well down on the wait list and/or the “registered” roster is full already then it may be that there is not room on the trip for you. Unfortunately, this situation is endemic in organizations of this sort and can be disappointing, our trips our generally very popular so members need to make a commitment to events as soon as possible after their posting if they would like to maximize their chances of participation. Please see 2.2 and section 3 below.
June 9, 2015