The club has two programs to recognize trip leaders
Program 1: Leader Badges
To recognize on-going contribution to the club as a trip leader, we award leader badges. These badges will either have no numbers on them, or include the numbers 25, 50, 75, or 100, depending on the number of trip points the leaders have accumulated.
75 Trip Badge:
We’ve made changes to the Trip Leader Recognition Program which now sees the top 20 leaders awarded + the others in a draw for 5 awards. We’ve made changes to the Trip Leader Recognition Program which now sees the top 20 leaders awarded + the others in a draw for 5 awards.
Program 2: MEC Gift Certificates
Trip Leader Prizes
- Top 3 Leaders: $250 MEC Voucher
- Top 4-10 Leaders: $200 MEC Voucher
- Top 11-20 Leaders: $100 MEC Voucher
- Draw from all remaining leaders for 5 x $50 MEC Vouchers
Each trip point that you earn will go into the pool of total trip points. All you have to do to get your name into the pool for the MEC vouchers is to lead at least one trip. Results will be posted monthly, here and in the Breeze. In the case of a tie at any level we will consider trip difficulty. Since we use fractional points, all fractions will be rounded up for the draw.
Trip-points for both programs are accumulated in the following way:
- Each out of town trip you lead, including international trips will score 1 point per day to a maximum of 7 points per trip. For example, if you lead a 3 day alpine trip, you will score 3 points, however, a scramble that only lasts one day will only score 1 point. This also includes camp managers and coordinators.
- Each in-town training event where preparation is involved (such as “how to suck less at …”) gets a full point while all other in-town events (such as indoor climbing) will score 1/3 of a point. The event must be posted and open to the membership.
- Trips that are coordinated by two trip leaders will score full points for each leader. This also means that both leaders have to show up. If any of the co-leaders can’t make it, please remove their name from the trip itinerary.
- If an out of town trip is cancelled, or if no participants sign up, 1/3 of a point is still given.
- If an in town trip is cancelled, or no participants sign up, no points are given.
- Socials will receive 1/3 of a point.
- Training and Leadership members receive 1/3 of a point for booking training outings.
- Outside events, for example, the film festival, will receive 0 points.
As of November 30, 2018, the score is:
|Anne Drew Potter||18.67|
|Hernando Ortega Arango||3.67|